Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tiffany Chung - Love Canal


In your opinion are environmental hazards something we should be concerned about on a daily basis.

Kristie: Before watching this video, I didn’t think so, but I’m definitely looking more into it now

Candace: I think we have more important issues to worry about rather than environmental hazards. I think we should deal with the more important problems rather than thinking of the environment everyday.

Caressa: Definitely. It is affecting not only the environment, but our health as well.

Michelle: It’s always important to keep out an eye for environmental hazards. It’s always around us, so it’s good to be aware.

Richard: Of course. We live in this environment. It only makes sense that we do our part and take care of it.

Kelly: I have always been involved with the environment, so yes, it is important to be concerned with environmental hazards on a daily basis.

Aaron: To be honest, I never saw the importance of taking care of the environment. Thinking about it on a daily basis may be too extreme. Being concerned with the environment once in a while is more like it.

Melissa: I feel like caring for the environment has been a growing trend recently, so thinking about it on a daily basis is not something that is too extreme. It is something that is very doable and something we should consider doing.

Nathan: Watching this video made me realize that I should do a better job taking care of the environment. I definitely haven’t done my part in making the world a healthier place.

Michael: Yeah, it’s important to think about environmental issues, but it’s important to know that there are other things that are more significant.

Were you aware that environmental tragedies of this magnitude still exist today? 
I was aware that environmental tragedies still existed today; however, I did not realize that the tragedies were this extreme. It is so unfortunate to know that even though we have encountered so many problems in our past concerning the environment, we still have not learned. I think it’s important that people should do a better job living more sustainable lives in order to preserve the environment. Doing this will hopefully prevent future environmental issues.

Do you believe that environmental crises affect you/your family today?
Environmental crises definitely affect my family and myself today. The environment is something we all share. If it is polluted, we too become polluted as our health begins to degenerate. Therefore, I should educate my family of the negative consequences that would occur we do not take good care of the environment.

Environmental tragedies still exist today; what can we do today to mitigate these problems.
There are many ways to mitigate the problems of environmental tragedies. First, it is important to educate others. The more people we involve, the more the environmental movement will spread. Doing simple things such as recycling and taking shorter showers all are beneficial to creating a better environment. We should learn to not waste so much. Doing these small efforts add up, and it helps to sustain the environment. Also, I think it’s important to be aware of the environmental trends that are occurring throughout the world. By being more aware of what is occurring, we are more likely to help solve the issues in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment