Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Robyn Cooper

Heres the example I gave:


Comment 1:
1.     It makes me sad. It's hard because fish are so healthy and good for you, but there we also have to protect and take care of how much we fish.
Comment 2:
I actually remember hearing something about this on the news right after Jamie died.  So, for some reason it stuck with me.  As I read about it now, I realize it was much more serious than I thought at the time.  Children and unborn children were especially at risk.  But this was the time period when people were just starting to "get" the consequences of pollution, to the air, and water and the ground. We weren't as educated then.  I admire those who stood up for what they saw happening and continued to fight it.  It must have been so traumatic for those families.

Comment 3:
I don't like watching these videos or reading these articles. They make feel sad and helpless.  (That is my official comment).
Comment 4:
I think that’s really sad but I think at the same time it is something that we can learn from. For the fish, no matter what time period we are in, we will always find a species that going extinct.
Comment 5:
This is just irresponsible and sick. The over fishing might be helping a family that doesn't have enough to eat. This is just hurting people for the sake of money. Disgusting.
Comment 6:
We have to put a stop to this problem because I want to keep eating seafood when I’m 55.
Comment 7:
I was listening to a recent report on Whole Foods founder and CEO (I forgot his name) and he was discussing ethical/responsible capitalism. He explained his approach to providing sustainable fish sources in his store in a way that gave companies incentives and time to adjust to regulations of sustainable and green ways to farm/catch fish. He labels his fish and meat sources with what degree the are sustainable and green and gave companies a time frame to reach the highest level of sustainability before totally pullling their products of the shelf. I thought it was an interesting and realistic approach that seemed more balanced in comparison to the a blind and near-sighted approach of many capitalists or the unrelatable idealist approach of environmentalists (you can find the report on NPR). There are solutions to the problems but are people willing to pay higher prices for their food or place of living? Je ne sais pas. 
Comment 8:
I don’t know why everyone is so obsessed with fish. Bald Eagles are going extinct too and there are already tons of fish
Comment 9:
I’m really surprised that the Love Canal Tragedy wasn’t more well known. You would think that that would be in the History books.
Comment 10:
Wow, what can we do to stop this fish problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment