Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Elizabeth Lindberg Love Canal Assignment


My answers to three of the questions...

Q1: In your opinion are environmental hazards something we should be concerned about on a daily basis.
 A1: I do not think that we need to be concerned about them on a daily basis but I do think we should be concerned. We cant make changes to our daily lives over such a short period of time, but if we become more aware of environmental disasters then we will gradually change our lifestyles to ones which can be better for the environment.

Q2: Were you aware that environmental tragedies of this magnitude still exist today?
 A2: I am really only aware of these things when they are featured on the news or on the Internet.

Q3: Why should we care about something that happened over 30 years ago?
 A3: I think we should care about things such as the Love Canal that happened o er 30 years ago because they can still affect people today, and similar things can possibly happen and hopefully be prevented in the future.

Comments From Social Media...

On Facebook I posted the Love canal article and videos. I also posted my article and pictures about the Pacific Garbage Patch.

On Instagram I posted a few pictures of the Love Canal incident and a short summary describing it. I also asked the question... "Why do you think we should care about something that happened 30 years ago?"

These are 10 of the responses...

1. "Without the past we'd have no future"
2. "There is a reason cars have rear view windows"
3. "It teaches/reminds us to not make the same mistakes that can have a negative effect on future generations"
4. "Nothing gold can stay"
5. "Looking to the past is a great way to prepare for future accidents to happen"
6. "It should be a reminder of what can happen in the future if we don't take care today."
7. "It's a cyclical world. naturally mistakes will be made again unless learned from, corrected, and remembered. Deformities remind me a lot of @colineyre. I think he was born on a toxic land fill. His brother Colby even has a thumb and a finger extending rom his lower back."
8. "Sooo so sad..." 
9. #sicknasty #helpful?
10. "We learn from the past by reflecting on it."

No comments:

Post a Comment