Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Love Canal- AJ Pyle


Ben- This is crazy, I can’t believe how selfish people can be. The chemical company should have known the possibilities and taken better precautions to stop this mess before it started
Jordan- Those poor kids. Why should they have to pay for the mistakes made by others?  I feel like this was caused by the greed of society
Andrew- It seems like this was pretty unexpected.  I feel for them, they probably had no idea what was under there when they decided to move in.
Josh- This could have easily been prevented by the government. I mean really?  All of the land for $1? As I always say “If a deal is too good to be true, it usually is”
Brendan- That sucks. I’d be pissed if that happened to me or my family.
Ryan- I didn’t know stuff like that happened in this century
Seth- Why didn’t the government think to test that ground out to see why it was so cheap? That seems like a large part of making an investment in peoples lives. Maybe they should have done some research.
Tyrell- That’s pretty scary. I don’t know what I’d do if that happened to me.
Tom- I didn’t know tragedies like this still happen. Makes me wonder about how many other environmental mishaps we don’t hear about.
Judd- That’s outrageous. Why don’t people have a sense of decency to provide all of the information instead of only the beneficial parts.

1.       Based on the impact environmental tragedies affect you/your family how likely are you to take action against disasters like this one?
I am very likely to take action against these environmental disasters. After researching for other tragedies such as the Love Canal incident I’ll always want to know what is going on in my community and what I can to do help make it better
2.       How do environmental tragedies affect you on a daily basis? Why should we care about them?
Environmental tragedies affect people every single day. Here in Provo we suffer from the inversion which has been linked to everything from respiratory problems to kidney infections.
3.       Why should we care about something that happened over 30 years ago?
We should care about something that happened over 30 years ago because if we don’t learn from it, we are doomed to repeat it.  There are many things that we can do to improve  our well being and the well being of those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment