Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Love Canal - Carson Ralphs



My responses to 3 questions:
Do you believe that environmental crises affect you/your family today?
-Yes, because they have helped me become more aware of the consequences of the decisions I make everyday.

To what degree do environmental tragedies affect you/your family on a day to basis?
-I think it depends on the nature of the environmental tragedy. However, no matter how small or big a tragedy is, it can affect everyone in at least a small way.

In your opinion are environmental hazards something we should be concerned about on a daily basis?
-I don't think we should be concerned or worried about them happening on a daily basis. We need to focus on the things we can control, and for most of us, stopping environmental tragedies from occurring isn't quite yet in our circle of influence.

The ten responses from others:
Do you believe that environmental crises affect you and your family today?

-Not me. I am impervious.

-I think it drives costs up, and affects the economy.

-Do I think they have the ability to affect me personally? Yes.

-Yes, indirectly. I agree that they affect the prices of everyday things. I also think that they affect laws that describe what we can and cannot do.

-Not to that extreme extent, no. But things like pollution and air quality do, in a different way.

-Yeah, definitely. No doubt, economics and costs of everyday goods can be affected. But honestly, my heart just hurts when I hear about those disasters. It makes me want to take better care of our beautiful planet.

-Yes, now my family can't drink the water that comes from our well anymore, because of pollution.

-I know that it affects different parts of the ecosystem, such as rivers and other bodies of water, that can hurt animals, and then us when we eat them.

-I don't really watch the news, so I'm not aware of any current environmental crises.

-I don't think we should worry about things we can't control.

No comments:

Post a Comment