Thursday, April 11, 2013

Responses to the Love Canal Tragedy-Kim Eckman

In response to the Love Canal Tragedy, these were the responses to my facebook post.



 My response

Were you aware that environmental tragedies of this magnitude still exist today?
-I wasn’t aware that these kinds of tragedies happen. I guess I just assume that people dispose of waste properly .
Do you believe that environmental crises affect you/your family today?
-I believe that they could affect my family but up to this point, we haven’t been directly affected.
Why should we care about something that happened over 30 years ago?
-History is so vital and important. We can learn from the past to improve the future. If we ignore past events especially ones that were extremely harmful, there is a chance that they can reoccur.


No comments:

Post a Comment